Your Posts Are Only 60% Of The Role
There Are 3 Types Of Posts
There are 3 types of posts in the eyes of the client: Okay, No & Wow. Your role is to try to at least make your posts pop and impress your clients. And to create banging content is very easy:
- Follow the 80/20 rule – 80% of your posts should be about the services that the business offers and you MUST have a special in rotation as your hook (this generates 90% of your enquires) / 20% of your posts should be interesting facts/ articles / tips & quotes / 5 Star review from a customer or something funny – These posts must be relevant. No cat pics.
- Diversify your content. Do not fall into the trap of constant repetition. For example: Food pic + 1 liner, food pic + 1 liner over and over again. Create a quote in canva, have a template made, share a fact about an ingredient, staff photos and profiles, write a fact about a drink they offer. Something to break up your content. If you do the same thing every day, the client will cancel. At the point thats on you.
- Do what the client can’t. Don’t just post a picture and a caption. You have tools like Canva and Befunky to make images more interesting. If you just take a photo that was given to you by a client, in their eyes they think “I can do this myself” or why am I paying for this service. Even though… the ads drive all the results. They don’t care.
- We completely understand that when you use Canva over and over again it looks messy, so break up your posts 2-3 out of your posts should use Canva / or some sort of template. This is what the client is sold on.
- When you do a service post / special make sure the image has some sort of text that says what the service is.
- When creating your post for ads you can only have 20% text.
- Don’t be afraid to use a video every now and again, they get great engagement and they break up the posts.